Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Halfway Done!

I cannot believe that we are already halfway through the pregnancy! It seems like it has gone so incredibly fast! I'm sure that the next 20 weeks may not feel as fast, August feels like so far away. After the first few visits with our doctor, she told us that as of week 20, we could rest assure that the baby was here to stay. It's certainly a relief to know that we have finally reached this point in time and that hopefully the rest is not so stressful.

Although I have enjoyed the feeling of being pregnant and knowing that I am going to be a parent, I definitely miss the times of being young. I do have friends that are in the same position that I am: married with children (or 1 on the way at least). But I still have friends that are still enjoying going out occasionally and having fun. I always wanted to be a mom, first and foremost before anything else. I just don't think I realized how much your life changes when you become responsible for another. I cannot help but laugh when looking at this because it certainly describes the changes between partying and pregnancy.


Although I miss the times that I am able to go out and be a part of the party scene, I have a great husband, family and really supportive friends. They know that even though I am lame and unable to party with them, they still invite me and make sure that I am a part of things. (Usually though it's to be the designated driver). Soon enough I will be able to join in the festivities again but I guess until then I will take in the joys of being a soon-to-be mama. I have heard that once the baby is hear, you miss being pregnant. I will have to see for myself soon enough I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment