Sunday, January 15, 2012

And Our Family Becomes Three..

December 14, 2011

I had been feeling under the weather within the last few days, I just knew that something was different. After a long day of work and talking with Nick, I decided to take the infamous test. After 3 long minutes of anticipation, the 2 pink lines appeared and I was overwhelmed with emotions. I ran into the other room to show Nick the positive test.


Expressions surely speak louder than words sometimes as I don't think he knew what to say. Both Nick and I knew that it could be a possibility before I even took the test, but was shocked that it happened so soon. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and an embrace I will never forget and we then knew that this was the next chapter in our lives. 

The next few hours all we could talk about was how we were going to tell our family, whether or not it was too soon to tell friends and what the next steps were. We were still a newlywed couple, enjoying our honeymoon time together and now we were going to become parents. 'Parents'-seems like a word for the individuals with a Monday through Friday 9-5 job and lacking the desire to go out on weekends. Were we really ready to become parents? Either way, we were ecstatic as the only thing I have wanted in life was to have a family. We were married, both with jobs, finished school (well I will have finished school the following May) and living in a house with plenty of space to accommodate the new addition. What is there to be scared of? We began to feel absolutely blessed. After many discussions, we decided that the perfect time to tell our parents was on Christmas, and give them the greatest gift ever. We spent the next week figuring out the creative way in which we could declare our new addition to the family. And, begin exploring all of the things that come along with the new bundle of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment