Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Feeling Uncomfortable

I cannot help but search for pictures online and look through baby books and magazines to give me an idea of when I should be showing the pregnancy and how I may look. It seems to be a curiosity for never experiencing it before. I use the books that tell me "Your baby is the size of a lime," to help me in estimating where it may be sitting and how big before I will feel it. Unfortunately, I feel nothing but uncomfortable. I have began to feel pressure in my lower abdomen and it is the worst. My jeans are too tight and maternity pants are too big! I see a small difference in my lower stomach and that is it! There is no sign of an actual shaped 'baby bump' so at this point I try to keep myself comfortable without worrying what I look like from another perspective. I understand that each woman is completely different with each pregnancy but I am hoping that within the next few weeks I can begin to have a small bump. Maybe this will eliminate some of the discomfort and give me a little bit of confidence in what I am wearing. I am certain that the discomfort will arise again later in pregnancy, but at that time, I should be in those clothes that are made for expecting mommies. For right now, I feel it may still be a little too early to be shopping in the maternity section.

I talk to many different women and I hear so many different things about pregnancy. At times, I wish there was some consistency in having a baby so I can really understand it. At this point, I have no clue what is going on, what to expect or what is going to happen and it absolutely drives me crazy! Living with a man doesn't help either cause they don't know squat about anything. I guess I have to take each day with a grain of salt, try and educate myself as much as possible and pray that my mommy intuition will eventually kick in--and not steer me wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment