Monday, February 27, 2012

From Misses to Maternity

I think one of the first things that all women think about when they first realize that they are pregnant is "When am I going to have to wear maternity clothes?" I'm sure that some women are more excited for that shopping experience than others, I was definitely not one of them. I have been procrastinating as long as possible to make the dreaded shopping trip. Now, after 15 weeks of pregnancy, I had to cave. Not that the pants are absolutely necessary at this point, but I am sure uncomfortable wearing my regular jeans. I knew that getting a pair of maternity jeans would relieve my stress on the belly as well as the stress on baby.

The only jeans that I could picture in my head, were the "full panel" jeans. Those lovely jeans that have the giant elastic band that goes clear up to the chest. I couldn't imagine how small bellied mommies could possibly wear these jeans. I told myself I would suck it up and manage, anything would be better than the pressure and indentation that my current jeans leave daily. Luckily, I was naive in the world of maternity as there are a plethora of "band types" to choose from.

Thank goodness, I didn't have to buy the jeans that I was absolutely dreading. I'm not sure if I will regret it later down the road or not but I decided to go with the demi panel. These sit nicely below the belly and have plenty of room for baby growth. Although those with the full and extended panel leave much room for growth, I can't be sure how big I will be or how uncomfortable I may need  to buy them. Being pregnant during the summer is going to be absolutely terrible. The horrible heat that Colorado gets will be extremely uncomfortable for a pregnant woman. That means that I will then have to go shopping for shorts and tanks that I will only be able to wear for 3 months! 

I think that I will wait before doing anymore maternity shopping as the price tags are not cheap. Hopefully I will be able to go a little bit longer without having to worry about buying shirts. I would definitely much rather spend money on the baby than myself. I would have liked to wait at least another 5 weeks or so before buying jeans but it just wasn't worth it anymore! With our next appointment this week, we should be able to see how measurements are coming and how baby is growing. It might give me an idea of when I will have to make this glorious shopping trip again.

No comments:

Post a Comment