Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Baby Looks Like A Baby!

February 1, 2011

About 9 weeks through the pregnancy I and I finally began to start feeling normal again. I regained my appetite and was not feeling quite so nauseous anymore. I was starting to have a better outlook on pregnancy. However, I woke up one morning and thought that my pregnancy was all over. With the thoughts of miscarriage running through my head since I found out about the baby, I couldn't help but have overwhelming emotion that morning. I called the doctor just to be safe, explained my symptoms and was told I needed to be seen. I took it easy that day trying to prepare myself for what the future of the pregnancy may look like.

When I arrived to the doctor, the only thing I kept thinking was that I wanted to see my baby and hear the heartbeat. Of course, they anxiously make you wait until the last few minutes of the appointment. I was finally admitted to ultrasound and was graciously relieved that I could see my baby fluttering and heard the strong heartbeat (around 200bpm!) I was given the news that everything was fine with baby and that I had a small blood clot, or a chorionic hemorrhage,  around the area where the baby was growing. I was assured that everything should be fine but to make sure to take it easy, no heavy lifting or moving, and hope that my body absorbs the clot. (Luckily, I have a wonderful husband to take care of all the dirty work for me.) Although I was relieved, the 'mommy' side of me couldn't help but continuing to worry until I really knew that everything was okay.

Our follow up visit was great! There was no sign of the hemorrhage still and the baby was growing great and still had a strong heartbeat. My mind was definitely put at ease to know that this clot may have just been a small bump in the road. We went in on the 1st, 11 weeks, for our infamous Down Syndrome and Trisomy testing. As I find out that we have to wait 4 weeks in between testing and then wait an additional 4 more weeks before finding our results, made feel feel a little uneasy again. I'm sure its common between all first time mommies but I am still not sure how I should react to everything. However, our ultrasound tests went amazing! Everything measured just how it should be and we were so excited because baby finally looked like a baby! There was certainly a noticeable head and little body and it was no longer just a white peanut, there really is a baby in there.
At that point,  I realized that it doesn't matter how testing comes back but that we have an amazing miracle joining us is the greatest gift I could get. I could not feel the baby and I didn't look as though I was having a baby but I knew that one day, when it did happen, it would be indescribable.

No comments:

Post a Comment