Tuesday, July 24, 2012

9 Months and Growing

We have finally hit the 9 month mark and we are in countdown mode! I am so excited to say that we now have less than a month that our little guy will finally be here! I definitely can tell he is growing and he is moving like crazy. Nick says that he moves all the time cause he has no more room to grow. Poor little guy, it's probably true. At this point, I can't see a huge difference in the changes in my belly but I definitely know that it is getting bigger (as can be seen by the lovely stretching of my shirt-which is a maternity shirt). Yikes. I know it's healthy for him and myself to be gaining weight but it's hard for me not to be self conscious about it and the difference in how I looked before and how I look now. I suppose that I can be relieved in that I have only 4 weeks left and I can feel myself again!

Daddy's Weekend Project
Daddy was able to put some of the baby stuff together this weekend. He got the bassinet, swing and the pack and play together like a champ. He was glad to get it done but we still have a couple more boxes of things that need to still be put together but I'm trying to not become anxious as I know he will get them done. He has been so great supporting my roller coaster emotions and embracing my need to begin nesting and get everything organized. Thank goodness I have him here to keep me sane the next few weeks.

Yikes! This room needed some love!
I have been procrastinating putting together the baby's room. "Putting together" as in cleaning up the mess that became after the baby shower. This included toys, clothes, bottles, bathroom stuff, and so on. The list was endless of what I had to do. Every time I tried to tackle this task, I became distracted and found something better to do. This picture shows just how unorganized I was-not the mama I thought I would be at this point! The crib was the only thing put together. However, after a few days of digging in, I was able to organize all that I can and the room seems to be complete. *Breathes* We have bottles in the cabinets, burp cloths and bibs in drawers and all of the clothes and toys organized. I can say that I am starting to get anxious more now for the baby rather than everything in preparation for him.  I hope now the only other preparation that I need to do is to get us ready for the hospital! Yay!

How Far Along? 36 weeks
Total Weight Gain:  Um...I'd rather not admit. Definitely more than 20!
Size Of Baby: He is comparable to a honeydew. He weighs close to 6 pounds and is around 18 inches long already! I hope he doesn't grow much bigger.
What's Baby Up To? At the end of this week, we will be full term! Baby is beginning to shed the vernix (protective coat in the amniotic sac) and will swallow the substances! Ew. This is the explanation for the lovely tar-like poopy that they will take in their first days. Lucky mommy.
Maternity Clothes? Of course. Most comfortable in sweats these days though.
Stretch Marks? Unfortunately, yes. A couple marks on each of my sides.
Sleep: Uncomfortable. So uncomfortable. Wake up with heartburn constantly and the need to use the bathroom. He is definitely on my bladder.
Miss Anything? My ankles.
Best Moment This Week: We could not only see, but feel his tiny little feet poking out of my side. There was no silhouette of toes or anything, but it was tiny enough we knew it was feet.
Movement: Every hour I feel something.
Food Cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary, seems I have lost some appetite here lately.
Anything Make You Queasy or Sick: Luckily no.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: No-Have had some Braxton Hicks contractions though. Not fun.
Symptoms: Heartburn. Swelling of the ankles.
Belly Button: Slowly disappearing.
Wedding Rings: Off. I didn't want it to be cut off from the swelling.
Happy or Moody: With the way I have been feeling and having to work, definitely moody.
Looking Forward To: Enjoying the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment