Sunday, July 15, 2012

Where Have My Ankles Gone?

As the weeks continue on, not only do I continue to gain weight, but my ankles have become non-existent. With the combination of the tortuous heat and being pregnant, the swelling in my ankles and feet continue to get worse and worse. No matter how long I keep my feet elevated or how much water I may intake, it does not get better. These are now how my ankles look on a good day, after they have had much rest. I am ready for the day when I can see my ankle bone again and I don't have to worry about whether or not my hearts (tattoo) are going to change shape! Unfortunately, its been semi-painful the past few weeks as I have been swollen and gaining weight. Working on my feet all day doesn't help either so I will be relieved when I won't have to do that everyday! So for the next 5 weeks (Yay! We are already at 35 weeks!) I will have to stay off my feet as much as possible, keep my sodium to a minimum and drink tons and tons of water!

Nick sure does love me as he knows just how to get to my heart! When we registered, he told me not to register for a diaper bag that he was going to pick one out. Well, once our shower had come and gone, I realized that I did not have a diaper bag. I certainly feel like one lucky, spoiled mommy as this is what he decided to get for me, oh do I love that boy!

 We took our maternity pictures today so I hope to have those soon to be able to update. They came out really good! I am such a conservative person that it was all I could do to get a belly shot. I'm glad Nick convinced me to do it cause they turned out really tasteful. We also were given a baby shower by all of those at work who love us! It was definitely so generous of them to do so. I am hoping that I can get pictures from both showers here soon and be able to update about the shower before baby comes! It's already been a few weeks since our big shower and I haven't posted any pictures at all (shame on me).

Baby is still doing well and healthy! Measurements are great and moving around like a little monkey! I am waking up more at night from him moving or having to go potty and feeling more uncomfortable from getting bigger but otherwise, looks like we are right on schedule! I cannot wait to hold my little man. I'm sure that he won't be in any hurry to get here, but I hope he doesn't show up fashionably late either!

No comments:

Post a Comment